Oregon Scooter Club - Come Ride With Us !
Time: August 11, 2012 from 9am to 4:30pm
Location: Overlook Resturant
Street: 1332 N Skidmore St.
City/Town: Portland, Oregon
Website or Map: http://tinyurl.com/OSCNPBase
Phone: Ride Leader David Kenny 503-830-2907
Event Type: ride, open
Organized By: David Kenny
Latest Activity: Aug 13, 2012
Come Ride With Us... To White River Falls
One of Oregon's secret hideaways is located just east of Tygh Valley along Highway 216. The White River plunges 90' over a basalt shelf. The park offers excellent viewpoints of the White River falls. A rugged quarter-mile trail takes hikers down deep within the canyon to the historic hydroelectric power plant at the base of the raw, churning power of the falls. The power plant supplied electricity to Wasco and Sherman Counties from 1910 until the completion of The Dalles Dam in 1960.
There is no fee to use this park.
Check this page 24 hours before the ride for any route or weather driven updates.
This ride will be at a spirited pace. This ride is not intended for inexperienced riders or scooters less than 250cc. It is absolutely necessary that everyone comes to the Overlook with a full tank of gas. Generally have gas stops every 70 miles or so, but his route does not allow that many stops. Make sure that your scooter can go at least 120 miles between fuel stops.
This is ride is open to OSC Members and their invited guest only.
Questions? Call Ride Leader David Kenny 503-830-2907
OSC Ride Preparation
1. Watch the group riding video for tips on an enjoyable ride.
2. Review the hand signal sheet so that we can coordinate our ride.
3. Learn the route by studying the ride map, available in three formats, on the events page for the ride.
4. Do a safety check on your scooter. Here is a suggested check list.
5. Arrive at your meet up location with a full tank of gas. Check the “Ride Ticket” on the events page for the ride for the nearest gas station.
6. Be at your bike with all gear on except your helmet and gloves at noon for ride briefing.
7. Plan on having fun!