Oregon Scooter Club - Come Ride With Us !
Time: May 6, 2012 from 12pm to 5:30pm
Location: The Overlook Resturant
Street: 1332 N Skidmore St.
City/Town: Portland, Oregon
Website or Map: http://tinyurl.com/OSCNPBase
Phone: Rick Fletcher, OSC President, 503-539-9148
Event Type: ride
Organized By: Rick Fletcher, 503-539-9148
Latest Activity: Jun 15, 2012
Come Ride With Us... On The Ferry Wahkiakum
The Ferry Wahkiakum is the last ferry operating on the Lower Columbia River. It connects Puget Island (and Cathlamet) to Westport, Oregon. It's a short 10-minute ride across the mighty Columbia River shipping channel – This ride belongs on your 'must do' list. There is a $3.00 fee for scooters to ride the ferry.
Check this event page 24 hours before the ride for any special announcements including weather/road condition ride adjustments.
This ride will be at a touring pace. Check out the Ride Ticket and ride map (in three formats) for all the details.
Google Maps (Interactive and Printable)
The ride is open to all scooters and motorcycles, OSC members and non-members. If you won’t be riding that day, or family/friends want to participate, feel free to join us in a car.
This event has three 10 On The Road points. There are three total points available today's breakfast and ride.
Questions? Call OSC President Rick Fletcher at 503-539-9148.
OSC Open Ride Preparation
1. Watch the group riding video for tips on an enjoyable ride.
2. Review the hand signal sheet so that we can coordinate our ride.
3. Learn the route by studying the ride map, available in three formats, on the events page for the ride.
4. Do a safety check on your scooter. Here is a suggested check list.
5. Arrive at your meet up location with a full tank of gas. Check the “Ride Ticket” on the events page for the ride for the nearest gas station.
5. Be at your bike with all gear on except your helmet and gloves at noon for ride briefing.
6. Plan on having fun!