Oregon Scooter Club - Come Ride With Us !
Time: June 3, 2012 from 12pm to 4:30pm
Location: Biscuits Cafe
Street: 30020 SW Boone's Ferry Rd., Suite 16
City/Town: Wilsonville, Oregon
Website or Map: http://g.co/maps/k3hkd
Phone: Rick Fletcher, OSC President, 503-539-9148
Event Type: ride, open
Organized By: Rick Fletcher
Latest Activity: Jun 6, 2012
Come Ride With Us... Over Bald Mountain
Most of us have ridden over Bald Peak, but this ride crosses Bald Mountain, Southwest of Carlton. This route has never been featured as a OSC ride. Join us as we follow the country roads out to Carlton and then head up Nestucca River road nearly half way to the coast and turn south on a one lane paved Forest Service road for a run over Bald Mountain and work our way to Wilaimina. Fantastic scenery with almost no traffic. A ride most worthy of an afternoon.
Check this page 24 hours before the ride for any route or weather driven updates.
This ride will be at a touring pace. Check out the Ride Ticket and ride map (in four formats) for all the details.
Google Maps (Printable and interactive)
The ride is open to all scooters and motorcycles, OSC members and non-members. If you won’t be riding that day, or family/friends want to participate, feel free to join us in a car.
This event has three 10 On The Road points. There are three total points available today's breakfast and ride.
Questions? Call OSC Road CaptainRick Fletcher at 503-539-9148.
OSC Open Ride Preparation
1. Watch the group riding video for tips on an enjoyable ride.
2. Review the hand signal sheet so that we can coordinate our ride.
3. Learn the route by studying the ride map, available in four formats, on the events page for the ride.
4. Do a safety check on your scooter. Here is a suggested check list.
5. Arrive at your meet up location with a full tank of gas. Check the “Ride Ticket” on the events page for the ride for the nearest gas station.
6. Be at your bike with all gear on except your helmet and gloves at noon for ride briefing.
7. Plan on having fun!