Oregon Scooter Club - Come Ride With Us !
Time: July 1, 2012 from 12pm to 4pm
Location: The Overlook Resturant
Street: 1332 N Skidmore St.
City/Town: Portland, Oregon
Website or Map: http://tinyurl.com/OSCNPBase
Phone: Rick Fletcher, OSC President, 503-539-9148
Event Type: ride
Organized By: Rick Fletcher, 503-539-9148
Latest Activity: Jul 3, 2012
Come Ride With Us...to the Cathlapotle Plankhouse
Two hundred years ago Cathlapotle village was one of the largest Chinookan villages encountered by Lewis and Clark. Today it is part of the Ridgefield National Wildlife Reffuge. In July 2012 it is the featured destination of an OSC ride.
Join us as we visit the replica Cathlapotle plankhouse which was built based on findings from the archaeological site as well as additional sources of information. You can see how the Chinookan people lived on the river long before Lewis and Clark first observed Cathlapotle in 1805.
Check this page 24 hours before the ride for any route or weather driven updates.
This ride will be at a touring pace. Check out the Ride Ticket and ride map (in four formats) for all the details.
The ride is open to all scooters and motorcycles, OSC members and non-members. If you won’t be riding that day, or family/friends want to participate, feel free to join us in a car.
This event has three 10 On The Road points. There are three total points available today's breakfast and ride.
Questions? Call OSC President Rick Fletcher at 503-539-9148.
OSC Open Ride Preparation
1. Watch the group riding video for tips on an enjoyable ride.
2. Review the hand signal sheet so that we can coordinate our ride.
3. Learn the route by studying the ride map, available in four formats, on the events page for the ride.
4. Do a safety check on your scooter. Here is a suggested check list.
5. Arrive at your meet up location with a full tank of gas. Check the “Ride Ticket” on the events page for the ride for the nearest gas station.
6. Be at your bike with all gear on except your helmet and gloves at noon for ride briefing.
7. Plan on having fun!