Oregon Scooter Club - Come Ride With Us !
Time: April 7, 2013 from 12pm to 4:30pm
Location: Biscuits Cafe
Street: 30020 SW Boone's Ferry Rd, Suite 16
City/Town: Wilsonville, Oregon
Website or Map: http://g.co/maps/k3hkd
Phone: Rick Fletcher, OSC Secratary, 503-539-9148
Event Type: ride, open
Organized By: OSC Admin
Latest Activity: Apr 7
Come Ride With Us... To The Dayton Blockhouse
In 1856 Willamette Valley settlers, fearing an India attack, built the Blockhouse at the Grand Ronde Agency. That same year U.S. troops were sent to the station and it was named "Fort Yamhill." For many years the Blockhouse at Fort Yamhill was a source of security and protection for the settlers.
In 1910, the abandoned Fort Yamhill was rotting away on the Grade Ronde Indian Reservation. A committee was formed to preserve the Blockhouse. In 1911 the historic Blockhouse was moved to Dayton Courthouse Square as a memorial to Joel Palmer, the founder of Dayton. After 101 years in Dayton, it is the destination of an OSC ride.
This ride will be at a touring pace. Check out the Ride Ticket and ride map (in four formats) for all the details.
Google Maps (Printable and Interactive)
The ride is open to all scooters and motorcycles, OSC members and non-members. If you won’t be riding that day, or family/friends want to participate, feel free to join us in a car.
Questions? Call OSC Road Captain Rick Fletcher at 503-539-9148.
OSC Open Ride Preparation
1. Watch the group riding video for tips on an enjoyable ride.
2. Review the hand signal sheet so that we can coordinate our ride.
3. Learn the route by studying the ride map, available in four formats, on the events page for the ride.
4. Do a safety check on your scooter. Here is a suggested check list.
5. Arrive at your meet up location with a full tank of gas. Check the “Ride Ticket” on the events page for the ride for the nearest gas station.
6. Be at your bike with all gear on except your helmet and gloves at noon for ride briefing.
7. Plan on having fun!